Below are links to many frequently asked questions (it’s a comprehensive list!). We also invite you to contact us. We pledge to respond to all messages within one business day!
Q: What accounts can I access with Online Banking?
Instantly access your checking, savings, Certificate of Deposit, IRA, Loan and Line of Credit accounts.
Q: What can I do with Online Banking?
- Check your balances and all account transactions
- Review transaction history
- Transfer funds between your Midwest BankCentre accounts
- View and print images of your cleared checks
- Download account information into money management software
- Place Stop Payments (fee applies)
- Pay your Midwest BankCentre Loan payment
- View your Midwest BankCentre account statements (via Adobe Acrobat)
- Pay your bills online (additional fees may apply)
Q: How frequently is account information updated?
Online Banking operates on a "real-time" basis and is updated to reflect all account activity to date. For example, if you make a deposit at the teller line and go back home to access your account, your balance and account history will reflect the deposit.
Q: How do I sign-up?
If you are a current Midwest BankCentre customer, we offer three convenient ways to sign-up for Online Banking:
- Call us at 314/631-5500 or 1-800/894-1350 to request your Online Banking Application.
- Send us an email with your name and mailing address and we will send you a sign-up package.
- Visit your nearest branch location.
If you are not currently a Midwest BankCentre customer, stop in any of our branches to open an account and sign-up for Online Banking and Bill Payment.
Q: How long does it take to enroll?
You can expect your Online Banking Username and Password within 7-10 business days after we receive your completed application.
Q: What happens if I open a new account after I am already signed up for Online Banking?
New accounts do not automatically appear on the Online Banking system. If you have Online Banking and would like access to a newly opened account, let us know at the time of account opening or call 314/631-5500 or 1-800/894-1350 and we will send you the appropriate form.
Q: Can I change my Username and Password?
Yes, you can change your Username and Password as often as you want. Once you have successfully logged on to Online Banking, simply click on options and follow the instructions provided.
Q: What if I enter the wrong Username or Password?
For security purposes, three consecutive invalid sign-on attempts will "lock you out" of the system. If you are locked-out, please contact the Bank's Contact Centre at 314/631-5500 or 1-800/894-1350 and we will reset your Username and Password.
Q: What if I forget my Password?
We do not have access to your Password once it has been changed. However, we can reset your Password back to your original Password. Contact the Contact Centre at 314/631-5500 or 1-800/894-1350.
Q: Is there a limit on the number of transfers that I can make?
It depends. For certain checking accounts there is no limit on the number of transfers you can make. However, Money Market and Savings accounts are governed by particular regulations that may restrict the number of transfers. (Please refer to your Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosures for full information regarding account restrictions.)
Q: Will I continue to receive a paper account statement in the mail?
Yes, we will continue to mail a copy of your account statement to you.
Q: What is online bill pay?
Online bill pay is a service that allows you to pay virtually anyone or any company through your online banking account. You determine who you want to pay, when you want to make the payment, and the account from which you want the payment to come. It's safe, secure and easy to use.
Q: How much does Online Bill Pay cost?
The fee to use the business cash management online bill pay is $7.95 per month which includes up to 20 transactions per month. Additional transactions incur a fee of $0.50 each.
Q: Who can I pay with online bill pay?
You can pay virtually any business or individual with a mailing address within the United States and Puerto Rico. For example, you can pay utilities, cable bills or credit cards, or individuals such as a leaseholder or service provider.
Q: How do I enroll for online bill pay?
To enroll for online bill pay please contact us at 314-631-5500 or 800-894-1350 or simply email us at email@example.com
Q: How do I start using online bill pay?
First, you need to enroll to activate your online bill pay account. If you haven't enrolled, please contact us at 314-631-5500 or 800-894-1350 or simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have enrolled, you can make a payment in four easy steps.
- Login to your online bill pay account.
- Click on the "Bill Payments" tab.
- Add your payee from the "Payees" tab.
- Enter the amount you want paid and make your payment.
Q: How are online payments delivered?
Payments are sent one of two ways—electronically or by paper checks. The majority of payments are delivered electronically. All other payments are made by paper checks that are mailed via the U.S. Postal Service.
Q: Is online bill pay secure?
Paying bills online is one of the safest ways to pay your bills. Online bill pay helps guard against identity theft from lost or stolen checkbooks, bills and statements. It also increases your privacy because only you can access your account information, account numbers and payment history. As a result, you maintain tighter control of your account with real time access to your payments activity.
Q: How long does it take before my payment is received?
Generally, your payment is received within 2 to 7 days, depending on whether or not it is sent electronically or via paper check.
Q: How are the scheduled payments processed with online bill pay?
Most scheduled payments are sent electronically and funds are withdrawn from your account on the process date. The system will only make one attempt to process your payment on accounts with non-sufficient funds.
Q: What are the primary benefits of online bill pay?
Here's a quick list of the many ways you can benefit from using online bill pay.
- Save time. It takes only minutes to pay your bills each month. You save time on trips to the post office and filing away paper receipts. In addition, smart features such as recurring payments allow you to set up a schedule to pay your bills automatically.
- Save money. Online bill pay saves on postage, envelopes, late fees, and checks. If you pay just 10 bills per month, you can easily save over $75.00* per year.
- Stay organized. Your payment history is stored online so you won't have to file and sort through paper receipts.
- Gain peace of mind. You can schedule payments in advance so you won't have to worry about paying bills when you travel. Bill pay reminders are also available to notify you it's time to pay your bill.
- Help the environment by saving paper. With online bill pay, there are no checks to write or envelopes to mail. That's good news for you and the environment.
*Savings are approximate and based upon the average annual cost of stamps, envelopes, and checks required for paying ten bills per month.Back to top