Earn more $$ on your nest egg
No matter your savings goal – new car, home, education, or peace of mind – you need a savings account that helps your money grow and gives you fast access for easy withdrawals. To fund your future, Midwest BankCentre offers you several savings options.
- $100 minimum to open
- Monthly service charge if minimum balance of $100 is not maintained per statement cycle
A Passbook savings account has many benefits, and if you prefer a hands-on approach to saving money, then this account may be just right for you.
- Passbook savings accounts require withdrawals in person with the book in hand, so you may be less tempted to dip into your savings unnecessarily
- It can also be a great tool for teaching saving habits to young people. Kids can take an active part in learning about money and can watch their savings grow as each entry is made in their personal passbook
Christmas Club accounts are a great way to eliminate the worry of credit card bills showing up after the holidays. Christmas Club accounts work similar to Passbook savings accounts:
- Open your account, receive a passbook to track the savings, and make regular deposits throughout the year.
- In October, the Bank will send you a check for the amount of funds that has been saved. Then it’s time to go Christmas shopping!
Money Market Account
Enjoy the benefits of higher yield money market rates with the flexibility that allows you to have access to your money.
- A total of six transactions allowed from the account each statement cycle, such as checks or withdrawals
- Rates that increase as your balance grows (tiered rates)
Rates Effective as of March 16, 2017
|Money Market Tiers||Interest Rate*||APY|
|$1,000.00-$9,999.99|| 0.05% || 0.05% |
|$10,000.00-$24,999.99|| 0.05% || 0.05% |
| $150,000.00 + ||0.35%||0.35%|
*Rates shown apply to daily balances indicated. The interest rate for Money Market products may change after account opening. Daily balance refers to the amount of the principal in the account each day.