Earn more $$ on your nest egg
No matter your savings goal – new car, home, education, or peace of mind – you need a savings account that helps your money grow and gives you fast access for easy withdrawals. To fund your future, Midwest BankCentre offers you several savings options.
- $100 minimum to open
- Monthly service charge if minimum balance of $100 is not maintained per statement cycle
A Passbook savings account has many benefits, and if you prefer a hands-on approach to saving money, then this account may be just right for you.
- Passbook savings accounts require withdrawals in person with the book in hand, so you may be less tempted to dip into your savings unnecessarily
- It can also be a great tool for teaching saving habits to young people. Kids can take an active part in learning about money and can watch their savings grow as each entry is made in their personal passbook
Christmas Club accounts are a great way to eliminate the worry of credit card bills showing up after the holidays. Christmas Club accounts work similar to Passbook savings accounts:
- Open your account, receive a passbook to track the savings, and make regular deposits throughout the year.
- In October, the Bank will send you a check for the amount of funds that has been saved. Then it’s time to go Christmas shopping!
Our Youth Savings account is the perfect way to teach your children how to save and set them on the path to financial success! Kids can start by depositing their allowance, birthday money or even the change from their piggy bank.
- $5 minimum to open
- No monthly service charge or minimum balance
- Eligible for kids under the age of 17
- Other restrictions may apply; see a banker for more details
Money Market Account
Enjoy the benefits of higher yield money market rates with the flexibility that allows you to have access to your money.
- A total of six transactions allowed from the account each statement cycle, such as checks or withdrawals
- Rates that increase as your balance grows (tiered rates)
Rates Effective as of April 5, 2018
|Account Product Name||Tiers||Interest Rate 1||APY|
|$0.00 - $9,999.99|| 0.25% ||0.25%|
| $10,000.00 and up || 0.25% || 0.25% |
| $0.00 - $2,499.99 || 0.25% ||0.25% |
|$2,500.00 - $7,499.99||0.25% ||0.25% |
|$7,500.00 and up||0.25% ||0.25% |
|Up to $5,200.00||0.50%|| 0.50% |
Youth Savings 2
|$0.00 - $1,000.00||4.89%||5.00%|
|$1,00.01 and up||0.25%||0.25%|
|Money Market Tiers||Interest Rate 2||APY|
|$1,000.00-$9,999.99|| 0.15% || 0.15% |
|$10,000.00-$24,999.99|| 0.15% || 0.15% |
| $150,000.00 + ||0.75%||0.75%|
1 Rates shown apply to daily balances indicated. The interest rates for Savings and Money Market products may change after account opening. Daily balance refers to the amount of the principal in the account each day.
2 Youth Savings is a tiered, interest-bearing savings account. The interest rate and corresponding annual percentage yield (APY) are tiered. If the daily balance in the account is $1000.00 or less, the interest rate paid on the entire balance will be 4.89% with an annual percentage yield of 5.00%. An interest rate of 0.10% will be paid only for that portion of your daily balance that is greater than $1000.00. The annual percentage yield for this tier will range from 5.00% to 0.10%, depending on the balance in the account. (APY calculations are based on a total deposit balance of $10,000.) Rate is effective as of February 15, 2018. $5.00 minimum opening deposit is required. There is no minimum balance required or monthly maintenance fee for Youth Savings. Fees could reduce earnings. Rates are variable and are subject to change at the bank’s discretion. Rates are calculated on a daily balance method. Limited to one Youth Savings account per child. At the age of seventeen (17), the account will be converted to a Statement Savings account and will be assessed a $3.00 service charge if the balance falls below $100.00 at any time during the statement cycle.