If you have questions or need assistance with Online Banking, please email or call one of our Client Services Specialists at 314-631-5500 or 800-894-1350, during normal business hours, Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Friday 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:30 a.m. – Noon.
Online Banking - General FAQs
1. I’m not presently enrolled in Online Banking. How do I apply for Online Banking?
Any customer with an active checking, savings or loan account with Midwest BankCentre is eligible for Online Banking. Consumer customers can automatically enroll online.
2. Is Online Banking Secure?
Our Online Banking service uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, encrypting information and providing authentication. In practical terms, this means that any information passed back and forth between you and us is made illegible to outside eyes. Online Banking supports up to 128-bit encryption.
3. Do I need any special software to access Online Banking?
No. Online Banking is accessed through your browser, whether you use a dial-up connection, DSL, Broadband or wireless connection. You can access Online Banking by visiting our web site.
4. What is required to use Online Banking?
To help ensure security and proper functionality, you must use a browser that meets or exceeds the following requirements:
· 128-bit encryption
· Browser versions supported are Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 3.5 and 3.6, Google Chrome 8, and Safari 5. Although Internet Explorer 7 is supported, we recommend Internet Explorer 8 as some of the functionality of the system will not operate to the fullest extent with version 7.
7. Why should I use Online Banking?
Online Banking is a secure and convenient way to get account information, transfer funds, pay bills, make payments on loans and more. You can access it from any Internet-enabled PC or device, any time of day or night.
8. What can I do with Online Banking?
· View account balances, transaction history and images of canceled checks
· Transfer money and make loan payments
· View account statements electronically with eStatements
· Download data into Quicken/QuickBooks or MS Money
9. How long can I be inactive in Online Banking before being logged out?
To help maintain security, you should close your browser when you have completed your Online Banking session. This will help prevent unauthorized persons from viewing your private account information. Your session will time out if you do not log off after 20 minutes.
11. Can I try Online Banking before signing up?
Yes, on our website you can access a demo to view functionality and screens.
12. What do I do if I forget my password?
On the login page, select the Forgot Password link and follow the steps. We will email your password to your listed email address.
13. What do I do if I forget my username?
Please contact our Client Services department during normal banking hours at 314-631-5500 or 1-800-894-1350 for assistance.
14. What formats can I download my transaction history in?
Online Banking can download to Quicken, QuickBooks, Microsoft Money or as a comma-delimited text file. If you use Quicken, Quickbooks or Microsoft Money, you may download data to these programs, but you cannot access Online Banking via these portals.
15. Why can’t I see certain accounts in Online Banking?
Your login is specific to your social security number and you can only view accounts that include that social security number. If you have any questions about an account, contact our Client Services department during normal banking hours at 314-631-5500 or 1-800-894-1350 or speak with a Complete Banker at any one of our BankCentre locations. For hours and locations, visit our website at www.midwestbankcentre.com.
16. How much does Online Banking cost?
There is no charge for Online Banking, to view account balances, download account history, transfer money between Midwest BankCentre accounts, and to manage your accounts online.
17. Why am I no longer able to use the “back button” to go to the previous page?
Although the “back button” at the top of the page cannot be used to navigate within sections of Online Banking, there are paging tools for sections with multiple pages that allow you to go back and forth from page to page. An example would be the “Accounts” section, if your list of accounts exceed one page, you have the ability to page back and forth to navigate through your accounts.
18. How can I get my “View History” results to print correctly on the page?
Select print preview and select “shrink to fit” if it’s not already pre-selected.
19. Why are only five transactions displayed under Recent Transactions section of the Balances screen for an account?
The last five transactions are displayed here for your convenience. You can view more transactions by selecting view history.
20. Does renaming an account from the Balances screen, change the name of the account throughout Online Banking?
Yes, renaming an account will change the name throughout Online Banking.
21. How do you reorder accounts and account groups on the Balances screen?
You select the multi-line icon next to the account or account group and drag and drop the account or account group up or down the list.
22. Why is the date not displayed for pending transactions?
The word “PENDING” is displayed for pending transactions since they have not been processed.
23. What transactions are displayed on the account history screen?
Pending transactions (marked in red), posted and up to 90 days of history transactions are displayed.
24. Who do I contact if I have any questions about these enhancements or have difficulty logging in?
Please contact our Client Services department during normal banking hours at 314-631-5500 (800-894-1350).
25. How can I submit comments or suggestions regarding the changes to online banking?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message through the email button within online banking.
26. Will there be more changes to online banking in the future?
We are continually looking at providing you with the best possible online banking experience. We expect to make new features available to help you conveniently manage your finances very soon. Some of these new features include Mobile Banking, deposit checks from home, personal finance management tools, and online account opening. We understand this is an adjustment and we want to assure you we will be here to help you with the transition. Please let us know if you have any questions or if we can assist in any way.